29 April 2009

Crazy driver 3877

I had been a regular driver ever since we bought our off peak car in August 2006. After I collided into the rear of a car due to slippery roads on a rainy night not long I got my new car, I had been a cautious driver since, or in fact, I had developed a phobia into coming to a traffic stop. I had also developed a habit of braking earlier than most people will upon traffic lights. I wouldn't say I am kayu, I am just being careful.

After driving for 2 years plus now, I had the most bizarre experience last night. I was driving along PIE at choa chu kang area on the way back to tampines after picking boy up from work. I was on the first lane, traffic was slightly heavy, there were many cars. Suddenly, this convertible Mercedes driving behind me beamed at me as if trying to get me to fuck off the lane and I was like: "wtf, can't he see traffic is heavy?"

Boy getting pissed sitting beside me, winded down the window and wave at him. The driver reacted like we were trying to pick a fight, acted like some big time hooligan, horned at me several times. When I switched to the second lane, he switched to the third lane, and cut me on purpose, doing e-brake at the same time, trying to get me to collide into his rear, he did that about 3 times, but I was prepared to brake hard at any time when he comes near.

After travelling in front of me for a short distance, he stopped his car by the road shoulder and waited for me to pass by him, he tail gated me all the way home till we exited tampines. Even when I purposely stayed at the 3rd lane travelling slowly behind a bus, he followed suit and stayed closely behind.

I had never met such a crazy driver before, during the journey while he tail gated me, I was thinking if he will go to the extent of colliding into our car to get revenge, but of course that is a stupid thing to do. But revenge for what? What did we even do at the first place? Because he waved at him? i think he is probably drink driving.

We headed to our neighbourhood police station and he is smart to turn away before the traffic light.

To the driver: I hope you don't die of traffic accidents because of your acts, and so what if you drive a mercz.

No comments: