16 April 2008

Quarrel

I had been nice enough, willing to take a train with my baby to travel an hour’s time to ang mo kio for the sake of meeting my friend because she doesn’t want to travel too far. And when I asked if we can meet at 7 odd so that I can drive, she said it’s too late to meet and asked me to stay at home, read a book or something. She quoted “as a friend, I never offered to pick her up, and if she and her boyfriend have a car, she won’t ask for petrol money like I did”.

Anyone would be pleased with his or her own transport, a car. However, your friends and relatives are more than willing to share this car with you. Since you can afford a car on your own, so what is that wee bit of petrol is to you, probably nothing at all. Others probably don’t know each full tank I pumped cost me approximately $90 now, compared to $60 two years ago.

The car has really been helpful for the past 2 years, whether it is to give a lift or to ferry people around, we have done it all. But today, I heard from this friend that I did not offer to ferry her to and fro her home because I have a car. I seemed to be obliged to her that I, as a friend should do that. I stayed in the east, she in the north, it’s not like it is on the way to do that unless I am meeting her near her home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Friend: You angry with me ar?

Me: No. Just upset with myself.

Friend: I guess I said something wrong sorry. Come let’s have coffee? If you still want.

Me: Never mind. It’s raining. It’s late. It’s far. It’s costly. I am troublesome.

Friend: Meet you 7.20 @ amk luh

Me: Don’t bother to pacify me luh. Another day perhaps, we meet at 4 pm next day. I agree with you 7+ is too late, can’t do much.

Friend: Can shop abit and coffee luh. Mmm weekday you can 4 pm meh. And I am not pacifying you x.x I wanted to go out too just that thinking of the name cards like kind of waste since I am in the area but can’t take ya

-------------------------------------------------- 46 minutes later

Friend: OII confirm not coming out huh!

Me: No.

Friend: at least reply just now luh I was waiting zzz

Friend: I feel really stupid to try to be kind to you, forget it. Stupidly trying to cheer u up and you seem indifferent. Ya I am damn stupid and you’re treating me like a fool. I won’t be doing this anymore bye.

Me: You persuaded me to stay at home and now you are saying this. Stay at home read a book or something, cheapest way.

Friend: Whatever. I don’t wanna be treated like a fool anymore k. It’s no point being nice to people. Bye.

Me: So only you are being nice? I am only a stingy friend who you think I am.

Friend: Ya I am not nice friend. You can go think whatever you like. No more sacrifices for you.

Me: I am willing to get my baby travel an hour for the sake of meeting my buddy because she doesn’t want to go too far. And this is all I get. She say it’s too late to meet at 7+ ask me to stay at home and now turn the table around and say she is being nice for nothing.

Friend: Ya right, please. You didn't intend to come out early anyway so don’t bother saying one hour of traveling. You insisted on driving. Too lazy to explain, forget it.

Friend: By the way I ask you to stay home cause you complained about money, what else an I say anyway. I explained to you about late did you bother to listen? And I did apologized and explain to you about the name cards but come on, you don’t give a damn. And it made me feel stupid. Well you are the nice friend and I am not, enough said.

Me: Didn’t I suggest meeting tomorrow early at 4 so that you can collect your cards, you didn’t bother to listen what I said too.

Friend: You said perhaps, and please respond, its rude to keep people waiting for your reply. At least confirm not meeting, thanks. Too lazy to say anymore bye.

Me: I already said its too late to meet at 7, you just didn’t got the message.

Friend: Can never get my point in your head. And glad you know its late, next time think properly first. First of all you demand that time, I refuse. Now that I give in you give attitude. Tsk.

Me: You said it’s late, so I am merely obliging you, to change to another day. Then you accuse me of being indifferent.

Friend: Okay. Anything else?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

please dont twist your story. i dont ever remember that i demanded fer you to fetch me home. and knowing your financial status i have always offered petrol money if i wanted a lift from you. by the way, you didnt mention taking mrt, you said you didnt want to because its a long journey. thank you.

zcatz said...

Yes you didn't demand, you merely complained that as a FRIEND, I didn't EVEN offered you a ride.

Anonymous said...

"And when I asked if we can meet at 7 odd so that I can drive, she said it’s too late to meet and asked me to stay at home, read a book or something."

you know very well it was nothing like this. but if you wanna twist the story with my response to that...shrugs.


---
"But today, I heard from this friend that I did not offer to ferry her to and fro her home because I have a car. I seemed to be obliged to her that I, as a friend should do that. I stayed in the east, she in the north"

with this, and in response to your comment, am disappointed bout the way you penned bout me. i had never asked fer a FREE lift home apart from the times am going back east. if i ever did ask fer a lift elsewhere, i offered the petrol money. i wouldnt have done so if am COMPLAINING that you are OBLIGED TO. you know it very well too that i have never expect fer you to send me back north if your going back east, in consideration of time, distance, not only the money.

thank you.

Joselyn/JiaYi said...

friends for so long... simmer down and talk nicely bah...

Joselyn/JiaYi said...

miscommunication perhaps...

zcatz said...

Now its not about whether I am obliged to or not, and I never said that you had asked for a free lift. But its your words that are stinging to the ears that you did mention: "as a friend, I never offered you a lift". To me, this means that I had somehow failed my duties as a friend to you. And it sounds like I had not been doing what I should do as a good friend, makes me seems like I am such a selfish person, and truely maybe I am, cause I really do stinge on petrol.

zcatz said...

I apologised if what I said hurt you, what I said in the blog is not pin-pointed at you but to everyone. Tsk.

Anonymous said...

it never once come across my mind that you are a selfish friend. i understand the situations. and i apologise fer my casual remark that have hurt you in some ways, but that was never my intention. it was meant to be a tease and i didnt expect you to take it to heart. but whatever it is, i admit it was a pretty dumb thing to say.

i just hope fer this miscommunication to be cleared wholly.

zcatz said...

Thank you. I forgotten what happen. Now something happen at home, grandmother pass away, suddenly.