07 July 2007

My pregnancy article

Time sure pass easily as I thought it would be. I haven’t been working like any of my friends and schoolmates for this year, because of my pregnancy, shotgun. I am not ashamed, for those people out there who might be gossiping, they are not considered friends. I am right now in my 38 weeks, my baby should be coming out anytime soon. With him constantly kicking and moving in my body, reminding me at every instant that he is well and perhaps trying to be naughty.

Initially, during my first trimester (first 3 months), I was not feeling well as I began to feel bloated and nauseous all the time. I kept feeling hungry and had the need to keep eating all the time to keep away the nauseous feeling, and eating is the only way it helps. It was during this period that boy and I were kept busy with our wedding preparations. I was tired out on my wedding day; both my bridal and evening gown nearly got me suffocated, in addition with my bloated stomach at my 3rd month. Those are pretty “armours”, not suitable for wear I would think.

The only thing I can vividly remember for my wedding is plain tiredness. It was also during this period that we had to rush for our wedding gown shoots at the studio over at Johor because it is cheaper. All the gowns I wore for the shoots tried to suffocate me as well. I felt like dumplings and with my ‘not-so-slim’ figure, I don’t feel pretty as a bride, it’s such a sad thing. If I have the chance and money, I would certainly love to retake my wedding album.

The second trimester (3rd to 6th month) is the most comfortable pregnant period. The stomach began to swell bit by bit. I no longer feel nauseous; however, my appetite grew like that of boy’s. I ate a lot, and it is during this period, my weight gain shoots sky high. Averagely, I gained about 4 kilos a month, a bit too much, as mentioned by my gynae. It was the Chinese New Year period, I move around on my own for New Year visits, while boy works.

My weight gain continues to rise at about 4 kilos a month at my 3rd trimester (6th to 9th month). By now, I had gained about 25 kilos, this figure is shocking, to me. It makes me ponder whether I will be able to shed off the extra kilos gained, though many people says that with breastfeeding, I certainly would succeed, but “what if” the kilos didn’t drop? I can feel and see for myself, how my body had changed, how it had become huge in size. I am just afraid that I am not determined enough to eat lesser, if I still maintained the volume of food I am taking now, I can forget about losing kilos.

My face, chin, arms, hips, backside, thighs, feet, and even my toes had grown so much bigger. My face had become bubbly and my double chin became a problem to me. My hips, backside, and thighs appear to have grown twice its original size. Feet and toes have grown because of heavy water retention. I can no longer wear all my shoes. I promised myself that I must and will strive to go back to my original size so that I can wear my clothes, I have no wish to throw away my whole wardrobe just because I cannot fit into them anymore.
During my 7th month, I had a bad contraction that nearly makes boy and I think that the baby will have a premature birth. Luckily the contraction was controlled with medication. My doctor wanted to admit me in hospital for observation but I refused, because I think I can still bear with it, so it is not necessary. The pain continued for about 3 days before it completely subsided. We got a scare from this experience.

I had just recently snipped my hair to shoulder length, the last time I had my hair so short is 8 years ago during my lower secondary school days. My precious hair, I would need 2 years to grow them back. The weather nowadays is killing me, I felt just like I am in a sauna all the time, only when I am in air-conditioned places will I feel better. Though the short hair now helps to keep cool, I still miss my long hair. This length makes me feel old and ugly. The rebonded hair is all gone, which means I won’t be able to let my hair down without tying or else I look like some crazy woman.

I am constantly being reminded not to bathe during my confinement (from my mother). I cannot help thinking that I will be bring bacteria and germs to my baby if I do not bathe. In addition, with the hot weather roasting all humans in Singapore, how can anyone not bathe even in a day, not to mention, one whole month? Old wives tales really sound ridiculous and unreasonable to me. Yet, I do not wish to defy my mother; I think I would still bathe (at least maybe not everyday), and with extra care, of course without her knowing as well.

With my body size change, I am kind of afraid to face people whom I had not seen for ages. I can’t bear to see the kind of shock reaction their face will twitch to when they see me. This makes me want to avoid everybody I know, until I had totally regained my original size, will I then feel confident again.

I am pretty near my due date already, yet I see no signs of my baby coming out. I felt disappointed for my last 2 doctor appointments because doctor asked me to go back home and wait. My whole of my lower abdomen has grown full of stretch marks, and they really itch badly. The heavy stomach is making sleep difficult and uncomfortable, and also making movement clumsy like an elephant. I am already mentally prepared for my baby to come out anytime now, but only to see disappointment with each passing day.

For the whole of my pregnant period, I am grateful that boy is there for me for all of my doctor visits. This is because he does not hold a job. We survived because we do not need to worry for our meals. We managed to keep up with the car installments but not other monthly bills. I sincerely hoped that boy can get a stable job after the mooncake period as soon as possible. I am actually frightened at the thought of history repeating as of last year. He waited for Chinese New Year festival jobs and then waited for mooncake period for the year. I will get myself a job after I settled the baby sitting; hopefully, we can get on well financially soon.

2 comments:

... said...

If you need any help, just call me. I'll go visit you! Don't forget to call me after you've birthed!!! I'll go there to visit you to give you moral support.

As for slimming down, determination is the key. If you're not keen in slimming down yourself, nobody can help you. If I can, you can too!

Motherhood is not easy. I'm only a phonecall away.

Love
molemole

zcatz said...

Molemole I didn't know you do read my blog. lol. I guess I am TOO FAT to see anyone eh... so paiseh...