28 July 2007

Baby dylan's day

Arrangement done with Dr. Heng, that I shall have induced labour on this faithful day, 19 July 2007. Dr. Heng recommended that I reached the hospital at midnight and will put in tablet for me to have my cervix opened “faster”.

Time estimation:


12.15 am – Reached East Shore Hospital for admission

12.45 am – Done with the registration and payment of deposit of $1,000

12.50 am – Reached labour ward, was surprised that I will be in the labour ward so early when I wasn’t in labour yet

1.00 am – Told to strip naked and put on the labour suit, a cloth used to cover the front part of the body only, I felt so exposed.



4.30 am – Dr. Heng came to deliver another mother’s baby and passed by to see me after she was done. While she checked my cervix, she broke my water bag without even giving me notice. It felt like a knuckle cracked inside me and water flow out like I urinated without me realizing. Stomach cramps came. Given a mask, filled with 50% oxygen and 50% laughing gas to give me a little relieve from the pain, it didn’t help much though, only give me dizziness. It’s not suppose to give me relieve, just give me dizziness so that I wouldn’t use too much strength to struggle with the pain

5.45 am – The cramps became more painful and the nurse asked if I want injection on the thigh to relieve the pain first so that I can rest. Had the injection, gave me total relieve but make me giddy and weak and vomited twice because of the injection.

6.00 am – Nurse came and inject some liquid into my asshole and asked me to go toilet to remove my bowels. Had some sleep till 9 am.

9.00 am – Woke up, contraction pain came back and is stronger now. Struggled and battled with the pain till 11 am.

11.00 am – Nurse gave me another dose of the injection on the thigh. The injection didn’t help a wee bit this time round. Had a lot of laughing gas and plus the injection, vomited for the third time and the contraction got worse, by then I was half unconscious already.

12.30 pm – I wanted to die already, the pain was terrible, I can feel baby’s head coming down. The pain almost makes me faint. I was wriggling, screaming, shouting, struggling, groaning, wailing and battling with my own body. Nurse said baby’s heartbeat dropped every time my contraction came, and decided to remove the laughing gas from me, gave me 100% oxygen mask. Gave me back the laughing gas when baby’s heartbeat returned to normal, I remembered one part whereby I nearly chewed on the mask. Nurse was trying to comfort me by giving me massage, boy was beside me grabbing my hands, I nearly bit his fingers off him, and he grabbed a towel from somewhere and let me bite. In between, I heard the nurse telling me to relax or else I would not have strength to push later. I heard nurse telling me I was making my boy very upset.

1.10 pm – Somebody asked me to push, I tried but I felt baby’s head still stuck at my virginal, I couldn’t get him out. Then, I heard Dr. Heng saying she will help me, boy told me that Dr. Heng help me vacuum baby out from me, using a trumpet looking vacuum sucker.

1.20 pm – In a split second, I felt a big lump of things came out from me, and I stopped screaming. Baby Dylan was born, weigh 3.36 kgs (7.72 pounds). I felt my voice hoarse and I couldn’t speak. Dr. Heng told me that she is taking out the placenta.



1.30 pm – Stitching starts, it’s painful but as compared to the earlier pain I had, this is nothing. Heard Dr. Heng saying she had to re-stitch again because the first stitch is not nicely done, shocked but couldn’t bring up any expression because I was totally exhausted.

1.40 pm – Was knocked out after Dr. Heng was done, nurse asked boy to bring me the baby for breastfeeding while nurse adjusted my position. After feeding, nurse pushed me to my ward. Was told that I cannot get out of bed for the first 6 hours, but I only manage to get out bed after 14 hours. Baby was placed under warmer light for 2 hours before nurse pushed baby to me every 3 hours for breastfeeding.



10.00 pm – Nurse shooed boy home, said he couldn’t stay for the night because this is 2 bedded ward. Aww, at that moment, how I wish I had a ward to myself, then boy could stay in.

2 comments:

effynius said...

i dont know why darling, but this post nearly brought me to tears. am glad everything is fine and congrats! the little wonder is sooo adorable! stay home and rest well, i'll see you real soon. miss you lots already.

loves, moo.

zcatz said...

Darling, you are fast on commenting. I still have many outdated entries, will try to post them soon. Come visit my darling soon. Miss you.