09 February 2010

Viral gastroenteritis

Wednesday midnight. Dylan started puking in his sleep. I jumped out of my bed half asleep upon hearing his vomit. His bed was stained with vomit, had a hard time cleaning up (luckily he was sleeping in his own bed). Dylan did not stopped vomitting, he puked about 4 times after that, and we knew something was wrong. It was just like the first time he got stomach flu, which he threw up continuously even after sips of water.

At 2 am, we took him to KK A&E, he was attended pretty quickly as there wasn't many people. Medicine was inserted into his backside and he was kept under observation for 2 hours. The doctor asked if we want to keep him warded for fear his condition got worse, but we decided to go home instead. By the time we got home, it was about 6 am. I took urgent morning leave for thursday.

Friday. Boy needs to go to work. I had to take urgent leave again to take care of Dylan at home. He didn't vomit anymore, but he started a little diarrhoea. Evening time, boy called, said he thinks he got the virus from Dylan, had bad diarrhoea all the way to saturday evening. Spent the entire saturday looking after the 2 boys.

Sunday. Boy worked half day only, came back at 3+ in the afternoon. Celestine called and asked if we wants to go to grandma's place for dinner. I played poker with them until I lost all my $12 and decided to stop cause I know I would just continue losing. Felt tired all of a sudden, went to rest at liz's bed.

Rushed to the toilet and had a couple of times of diarrhoea, the nausea came. I knew I got the virus from the both of them. They had recovered already, now this is my turn. Puked. Stomach pain came. Left Dylan with celestine, he took me to CGH A&E after having a quick dinner with the family. Just like the last time, given injections and kept under observation for 2 hours. Went home after feeling better. Reached home at 9 pm.

12.30 am. The stomach pain got worse, vomitted again, the medicine the doctor gave me all came out. Went back to the hospital again, putting Dylan with mummy. The queue took like 1+ hour, the pain is horrible. Mummy called, said Dylan refused to sleep and refused to stop crying. The doctor gave me injection again and sent me to the observation ward again. I asked him to go home and take care of Dylan. I will call him when I can go home. But the injection didn't help, the pain became worse.

The doctor came to give me another stronger medicine through injection. By the time it was 5 am, the doctor said I had to get admitted because I didn't recover and I had signs of dehydration. Was sent to the ward at 6 am. I was very very thirsty but I can't drink at all. Anything I take will just became vomit. My mouth and lips were so dry, I felt like I was in a desert.

Hospitalised for Viral gastroenteritis with dehydration. I was comforted when he suggested to upgrade me to the A1 ward because the 4-beded ward was just too noisy (CGH don't have 2-beded wards). But too bad, A1 wards are all taken up. Had a bad night because the ward is really noisy, the patients are not noisy, the nurses are.

Tuesday. The doctor asked if I really want to go home, because she suggested I stay one more day for observation, and thinking I had no more gagging for the past 6 hours, I told the doctor I want to go home. Discharged at 3.45 pm. Hospitalisation leave given till 16-Feb-2010.

I wonder if that is a bad decision made to come back home, because once I am back home, the gagging starts again. The stomach feels pretty uncomfortable again. Now I just hope I will get well asap, because I really want to go back to work.

No comments: