13 May 2007

A day before mom's day

Arranged yesterday to go for curry fish head dinner @ Sembawang for mother's day occassion. Just while we are on the way back home, nearly got a shock when mum called and told us she's going to Tan Tock Seng Hospital A&E. Said she got a chest pain leaving her breathless. Asked her to wait for us and we went for dinner first (had taken some medicine and is still feeling alright) just beside grandma's place @ Ang Mo Kio block 232.


Fried fish soup (from the fish soup stall)
Price: $4.50 per bowl (additional $1 fish - quite expensive I think)
Rating: 7/10 (would have score better if it is not so expensive)

The rest of the dishes here are from the zi char stall.


Sweet & sour pork
Price: $8
Rating: 7/10 (very crispy)


Broccoli with scallop
Price: $20 !! <-- definitely too expensive

Rating: 7/10


Teochew style steamed fish
Price: $26
Rating: 6/10 (the gravy not so tasty)


Claypot tofu
Price: $8
Rating: 6/10 (not really that fantastic)


Sent mum to TTSH A&E, we waited for about an hour outside while mum went for checkup, took her temperature, blood pressure, blood samples, x-ray, ECG etc. Boy woke up at 8.30 am in the morning so was feeling worn out and fell aslp while waiting. We left after about an hour of waiting because the nurse told us that we would have to wait 4 hours for the results of the blood samples. Mum called awhile later and said she can go home because the doctor says there's no bone fracture so she is alright.


Went to meet moo at her house to see Berry and we proceed to JB for car wash and lok lok supper.



After eating, we came to this ulu shell station for petrol (stole this 2 pictures from moo's blog)


After we sent moo home, we passed by this place and decide to go in have a look:
Green Valley Farm @ Bah Soon Pah Road (beside Khatib camp)


There is a cafe here called Green Valley Cafe. They have a 30% discount for all food & beverages (excluding alcoholic beverages) because they are newly opened.
Operating hours:
Sun to Thurs - 6.30pm to 1 am
Fri to Sat - 6.30 pm to 3 am (including eve and public holidays)


Waffle with ice cream
Price: $3.15 (after 30% discount, actual price is $4.50)
Rating: 6.5/10 (not very nice - waffle seems to be those frozen type and is quite hard but luckily it is not expensive)

Didn't manage to take the whole place because the place is very dark and not that well lighted, will bring moo to this place when I have the chance. Nice place to sit down drink and talk.

Jiayi bought a mother's day gift worth $168, and this year unfortunately I can't afford any present. I couldn't afford to share this gift with her. As for the dinner, I cracked my brain thinking where to find the money to pay and mummy said since I am not working, she will pay then and gave me a huge relief. Sometimes things just doesn't go the way you hope and want it to be. Look what Jiayi is telling me now, she is asking me to pay half of the dinner now cos mum went back on her word??? And when I told jiayi that I got no money now and will have to wait till boy got money, she blew her top and tell me I am SELFISH. Because I can afford to go for nice dinner with boy and not having the money to celebrate mom's day. If you really want that $30 back so badly from a 'no-income-pregnanted-debt-collector' then come and dig my coins, the only money I probably have left right now. You think I like things are the way now? You think I wish I like to owe you? You think I like it and is very happy with life now owing everyone? Go ahead and tell everyone that I have no brain and DON'T KNOW how to think. And thanks for adding on to my problems.

No comments: