19 March 2012

Close shave

I took a half day leave to send ah peng ah yi off for the last time. The crematorial service was supposedly held from 5.15 to 5.45pm.

Coincidentally, Dylan's NUH appointment is also today at 3.10pm. The hospital was so packed, the waiting time for consultation and collection of medicine took so long, I only manage to leave the hospital at 5.05pm.

I knew I am going to miss everything. I was so upset and angry with myself, why didn't I reach the hospital earlier, why didn't I just reach an hour earlier for the appointment, why am I so dumb... How could I... I prayed in my heart telling ah peng ah yi to wait for me, please wait for me, don't make me regret this moment.

We rushed to mandai crematorium hall only reaching at 5.45pm in the peak hour rush. I rushed into the hall heaving a big sigh of relief seeing everybody still there. I made it time because they were also held up in bad traffic. Ah peng ah yi really did wait for me.

Ah yi, rest in peace, may you enjoy good fortune in another world. You will always live in our hearts.

No comments: