26 March 2012

Baby Clinic


When I moved to Yishun at end of July last year, I noticed we have a baby clinic just nearby at block 417, it is of course good to have one nearby. I do not bring Dylan to the pediatrician unless I really find the need to (because it is extremely expensive to see one).

Even with cough/flu or fever virus hitting him, I always been able to cure him with medicines off the shelves or from the pharmacy. The medicines the baby doctor frequently prescribes are more or less the same, they can be purchased from the pharmacy! Unless I find that he is not getting better and in fact getting worse, and maybe require antibiotics to make him better.

And so I thought, with fever for 3 ongoing days, I decided to bring him to the Ooi Baby and Child Clinic, I was afraid his bronchitis is back and need nebulizer to help his lungs, but looks like I was too over anxious. Dr Foo not only said he does not need nebulizer, he does not need antibiotics as well, as his fever is gone by evening and he's recovering. So off I went off with all the medicines I already have at home for $87.00! Gahhhhhh!

I am very sick myself too, I was the one who spread the virus to Dylan. Battling with chesty cough all day long and heavily relying on iliadin to breathe. I still cannot decide to continue the chinese medicine or just continue to take danzen and robitusin. By the way, the chinese medicine in syrup form IS HORRIBLE and cost me $38.00. I just like spent a hundred over spending on medicines for both of us.



No comments: