31 May 2019

Day of discharge - 31 May 2019

5.30am - nurse woke me and ask me to go shower (omg at this timing?! )

6am - lying in bed clean and fresh, waiting to be slaughtered

6.25am - nurse came to keep my valuables in the safe, including my phone. Tried to return to sleep since there's nothing to do

6.50am - the sound of wheels are so loud, nurse pulled open the curtain and announce to go to the operating theatre

7.05am - arrive at the OT, put on showercap, put on bp measurer, and heartbeat sensor on my finger, after settling my body in the position I would be doing the scope, doctor came in and explain to me that he will not start till I m sleeping. He then injected two or three tubes of I dunno what and I was amazed that I will be sleeping soon? I blinked after the injection, and was thinking how long will I take to fall asleep. Because it took me real long to fall asleep these days.

Next moment nurse tried to wake me and tell me it's done and I am on the way back to ward. I couldn't talk but in the back of my mind I was 'huh it's done?! I totally didn't feel it!'

I continued to doze off.

Next moment, another nurse says to go for MRI and wheeled me there. Continues to sleep. The MRI takes forever, the machine tells me to breathe in and out and hold my breath for I think 10 times, each at a 3 minutes internal, the whole duration I have to put my hands above my head, my hands were freezing, and is almost numb from the cold.

10am - back to ward, continues to sleep because of the drowsiness

11am - Doctor Wong came, showed me the images taken of the stomach, pointed out the many red dots found and said these are inflammation and explains these are severe gastritis and is the cause for pain. The biopsy also show traces of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection, so will have to continue to take another week of antibiotics to clear it. Will give me hospitalization leave till end of next Friday (that's a total of 8 days hospitalization leave! Wondered about the doctor's generosity on HL)

11.45am - finally eating my breakfast after multiple reminders from different nurses.

31 May 2019, marks the day I get discharged from Mount Alvernia because of severe gastritis. I thought I could die from the severe stomach cramps that occur suddenly in the middle of the night on 29 May, and I actually sent myself to the hospital alone because I couldn't take the pain anymore. The pain is indescribable, same like giving birth contractions?!

Let's hope such incident don't happen again.

No comments: