16 October 2014

Enlightenment

I sit here alone, in the restaurant, waiting for his arrival. I just sent a image through whatsapp, the new menu of this restaurant hinting him of my exact location. He has the poorest memory of locations, and he might not have remembered he actually came here a couple of times before, though not often.

A wave of nostalgia hitted me in my face, as I anticipate him emerging from the entrance, like a girl waiting for her date to come pick her up.

Married for more than 7 years, and being together for more than 10 years now, after riding through many obstacles and problems, today I felt at ease, not sure for whatever reason. And although I had date this man for very long, it still amuses me when we go for a date.

When you decided to get married, it means you willingly decide to constantly date this partner for the rest of your life, and also (must) gain the ability to tolerate your partner's nonsense, temper, (weird) habits, snoring (if any) and maybe his/her cuteness or any other thing you can think of.

And oh ya, I lost the debate of who should foot the bill.

No comments: