18 August 2010

Appeal for Donation

Below is an email and MSN conversation with my Philippines office colleague. I am very upset and cannot help tearing when I thought how blessed I am with a healthy 3 year old Dylan. I would like to appeal to all my family and friends to help the family of the 2 year old girl. I hope kind souls out there can help the family by donating any amount, please contact me for the donation.

---------------------------------------------------

Dear colleagues,

Gilbert Gore's 2-year-old daughter suffered a cardiac arrest on Sunday after running a high fever. She subsequently went into coma and is now in ICU.

She remains in coma today and has to be supported by a ventilator.

The hospitalization bills is about S$1,100 a day while the cost of using the ventillator machine is S$220 daily.

Any of you who wish to help by making any donation to Gilbert, please let me know.

---------------------------------------------------

[-C-a-T-] says:
the daughter is still in coma ?
Is high fever that leads to cardiac arrest ?
Gigi says:
His daughter is still comatose. They're not yet sure if the cardiac arrest was triggered by fever.
[-C-a-T-] says:
I m very sorry for the daughter, Jayne and me would like to do more to help by asking all our friends to help donate
Gigi says:
All of us here are very sad for GIlbert.
And we're touched by your efforts to help him.
[-C-a-T-] says:
Me too. Especially when I thought the poor girl is only 2 yr old
Gigi says:
When they remove the ventilator, the girl is not breathing
[-C-a-T-] says:
omgosh
Gigi says:
So she still has the ventilator
She has not improved
[-C-a-T-] says:
Nothing can help ?
Gigi says:
All meds were already given, they're waiting for her to react from the meds
I dont know up to when they should wait, or what the doctor will tell them.
[-C-a-T-] says:
............
Gigi says:
It's hard to talk to Gilbert & his wife because there are no words to tell to ease the pain.
[-C-a-T-] says:
i m really very sad to hear this
Gigi says:
Thanks again for your support.
[-C-a-T-] says:
Hi Gigi, jayne here
Sad to hear that and as catherine has mentioned, we will try our best to get our friends to give our donation and support..
Gigi says:
Hi Jayne
I just got an update. The body temp of the girl is going down.
[-C-a-T-] says:
I dunno what words can I say more cause by reading ya msn, we are already like on the verge of tearing
Gigi says:
I dont know what that means
[-C-a-T-] says:
the fever subsided?
Gigi says:
I dont know when the fever subsided. Gilbert did not mention her fever last Monday when we visited the hospital.
But the girl was at the ICU since Sunday
[-C-a-T-] says:
Please keep me updated
Gigi says:
Gilbert and his wife has good plans for their kids, they only have 2
A boy and a girl
because they want to give the best for their kids
If you hear Gilbert tell their plans, it will really break your heart
[-C-a-T-] says:
Gigi, u r making me cry
Gigi says:
It's ok because you made me cry also
Even Linda made me cry also
I'm really touched by your efforts to help

---------------------------------------------------

This is Mimay Gore, 2 year old. Poor little girl, I hope she can ride this over.

No comments: